We assist Clients with sports-related conflict using negotiation, mediation, and litigation as well as represent Clients before the Sports Tribunal, and Court of Arbitration for Sports.
Our Sports law team comprises capable individuals that have successfully carved out a niche in the intricate sports and entertainment industry within the East African Region.
We pride ourselves in being one of the leading legal advisors to sports federations, sports investors, league teams, and sports persons in various sports-related transactions, negotiations, and dispute resolution.
We are experienced in advising on sports contracts, sponsorship and merchandise contracts, brand rights protection, digital media, management of funds by league teams, production and post-production rights, producer rights, co-production agreements, distribution arrangements, and protection and assignment of rights.
We support our clients in the:
- Advising on legal issues related to any Intellectual Property Rights.
- Breach of contract claims – We advise on a diverse range of contract breaches including breaches of the terms of employment contracts or breaches of other sports-related contracts.
- Pursue personal injury claims
- Drafting documents related to the registration of Sports Clubs and Associations
- Drafting By-laws
- Conduct Alternative dispute resolution
- Sports Dispute Tribunal advice and Representation- We offer advice and represent clients on doping issues, breach of contract issues, and misconduct infringement.
- Conduct Audits to ensure compliance with the Sports Act
- Providing media representation
- Offer advice and representation on anti-doping-related issues.
- Drafting anti-doping policies and procedures for sports clubs and associations to comply with the Sports Act.
- Sports-related financial transactions and other corporate matters.